Vitamins for gums are also essential to achieve good oral health condition. You need to take foods rich in vitamins and minerals to keep your gums healthy. Aside from that, you can even get these vitamins and minerals through supplements available at the supermarket or health and nutrition stores.
Vitamins for gums
Your gums are also requiring enough nutrients to stay healthy, like the other parts of your body. Having these vitamins does not only work for your gums. They also provide health benefits to other parts of your body. Below are the essential vitamins and minerals that you need to gain healthy gums.
- Calcium: It is the primary mineral that your teeth and gums need to stay healthy.
- Vitamin C: In general, this vitamin is extending support to the body’s entire immune system. That’s why it also protects your gums and teeth.
- Vitamin A: It is an excellent vitamin to prevent dry mouth and helps in the healing process.
- Vitamin E: It helps with the prevention of periodontal disease. First, it can decrease the inflammation inside the mouth. Another one is, serves as antioxidants that help fight the oxidation of gum tissue.
- Vitamin B: This vitamin helps prevent mouth sores and oral inflammation.
- Phosphorus: Your body can better absorb calcium if paired with phosphorus. Furthermore, they are beneficial in teeth building.
- Potassium: Maintaining sufficient potassium helps support structures, such as the jaw, to keep stable. Aside from that, it also necessary for blood clotting.
A few of these vitamins and minerals may not have enough amount from the food we take. On the other hand, you may consider taking supplements to secure the lack of nutrients that your teeth and gums need.
However, before taking these, you have to consult with your dentist first. It is necessary to do that to ensure which vitamins or minerals need the support of supplements. Aside from that, your dentist will recommend which ones are better to take.
Importance of good oral health
Your dental health is necessary to be in good condition. Any dental issue can affect your overall health condition. For this reason, you have to practice good oral habits in addition to the vitamins and minerals you secure.
Several oral issues, such as tooth decay and gum disease, can occur inside your mouth if you do not care for it properly. Aside from that, tooth decay and gum disease can even progress severely.
Tooth decay can entirely damage the whole tooth, while gum disease can advance into periodontitis. Periodontitis is a more severe gum infection, which can even cause tooth loss and other severe health complications. You will need to visit your dental clinic so that your dentist can manage gum disease efficiently and safely with the right tools.
Your gums are significant as well. You also have to take care of them. It is not only our teeth that we should pay attention to, but also the gums. They are always in tandem. Overall, they are both parts of your mouth and need proper dental care. Both of them need vitamins and minerals to keep them strong and healthy at all costs.